Notes on Enrichment & Training
Colony or Breeding Management
Notes species is housed or managed socially or for breeding purposes.
Dimorphism or practiced ways to individually mark species (such as those in colonies, like giant millipedes).
Tips on Presentation
Tips on Handling
Comments from the Rating System
- Zoo Miami – Not currently used in any Zoo Miami programming because they have an unpleasant disposition and can deliver painful bites when handled.
Natural History Information
Range and Habitat
Threats and Conservation Status
Did you know…
Any Documents to attach, species spotlights, etc.
- Choice, Control, and Training in Ectotherms, By Carrie Kish
- Ambassador Animal SAG Newsletter Vol. 2, Issue 3: Temperature and Transport: Welfare Implications for Ambassador Ectotherms
- Stress Management in Reptiles and Frogs
- Reptile Lighting Information
- Reptiles Magazine has a good overview of this species
Contributors and Citations
- Zoo Miami